Pages

Friday, October 5, 2007

I Corinthians 13

If I am a straight A student but don't love my classmates, I am just a know-it-all. If I can spike the volleyball perfectly every time but don't love my teammates, I am just a ball hog. If I am the most popular girl in school but don't love my classmates, I am just a snob.

Love listens to you even if you aren't popular. Love comforts you when you're down. Love isn't jealous. Love doesn't reject you when you make a mistake. Love doesn't ignore you, but includes you in the group. Love doesn't keep track of the things you did wrong.

Love puts up with you, believes in you, has hope in you, and suffers with you.

Love never ends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erinna...

This is simply beautiful! You are very insightful and able to express yourself clearly. Your writing is wonderful and I hope you keep posting!

Pat Lane said...

Your writing is getting better and better. I am so glad you can find inspiration in the Bible for it will always keep you on the right path. Love you much

Bob Lane said...

Rinna,you have hit upon one of the secrets of life. I know you will live by those words. Proud of you.

Steve said...

wow erinna. I know you've heard it already but this is an amazing translation of Corinthians. It means a lot when you put today's things into it. Its personal. I love it. ~Ally

Erinna,
You have a godly grasp of this passage. The next time I teach this passage I'll use your translation. Now that you've demonstrated you understand the passage, do you live the passage? I think the hardest part for me is not holding grudges. It's so hard to forget and forgive what some people have done to me. How about you? What is the hardest part of the passage for you?

Erin said...

yes i live this passage its really heard but i know that god can help me stay on track plus it is heard not to hold a grudge but i just i know i can get through the situation.

Drea said...

Wow, Erinna. The words that you have expressed on this particular blog have uplifted me today in more ways than you will ever understand. I love you very much and hope this year, with so many new and hard changes, is one that you will never forget. One of learning and growing, one of loving and understanding the world around you. Thank you for expressing so much in just a few words. I love you and keep writing girl!